WHAT IS SEXTING?
Let me begin by saying, sexting is totally normal. Maybe you don’t currently do it, but you’d be in the minority if that’s the case.
When we talk about sexting ('sex' + 'texting'), cliché images of naked selfies might enter our minds. But sexting can include more than a ‘sexy snap’. Basically, it involves the sending of provocative, nude, sexual, explicit or intimate photos, videos or text messages, generally online or via a mobile phone.
Sexting can be a fun way of flirting and getting to know someone sexually as well as an exciting (and sexy!) experience and a way of expressing and exploring your sexuality.
WHY IS SEXTING SOMETHING THAT WE RECOMMEND?
First, it helps to build sexual tension. As you might know, sexual tension is one of those most important aspects to guarantee that you’ll want sex and that the sex you have is good.
Secondly, sending and receiving sexy texts might just be what you need to kickstart your own libido. By sexting before physical contact starts, you’re priming the pump, so you’ll be excited to get down and dirty with your man/woman.
Besides, if you are in a relationship, it’s a great way to stay connected with your partner even when you aren’t physically together. However, sexting isn’t just for couples - many single people enjoy sexting because it can boost self-confidence and help them feel closer to others.“Sexting makes me feel more confident in myself and my body, and it’s been a healthy way to find out what I like and what I want from sex.” - Victoria, 27
NOW THAT YOU KNOW WHAT AND WHY, IT'S TIME TO LEARN HOW TO MASTER THE ART OF SEXTING 😉
Before you start talking dirty or sending nudes, you need to make sure the other person is comfortable receiving your sexts in the first place. If that's the case, you will find below some tips and examples you can use to spice things up.
Make sexy plans - take your sexy times from your head to real life
- Take it easy today because I am going to be rough on you tonight.
- If you were here now, I’d unzip your pants with my teeth, and then I’d do whatever you wanted me to.
- I just bought some whipped cream at the store, and I know a fun way to use it.
Tell him/her what you’re doing when you can’t be together
- It’s so hot outside today; I took off all my clothes.
- I’ve been a bad girl today.
- I just watched a very dirty movie. I want you!
Switch things up by playing a sexy game with him/her
- If you guess which part of my body I’m touching, I’ll send you a picture
- Let’s play Simon Says. You go first, but if you break a rule, you owe me an orgasm
- Finish the story. You come home to find me in bed masturbating intensely. I don’t notice you as I'am busy fucking myself. You _______________
Pay him/her compliments
- You left me with my legs shaking last time we had sex.
- I get so turned on when you kiss me all over.
- You certainly know how to use your tongue. I am a lucky man/woman!
Ask him/her questions
- If I were with you, where would you like to be touched?
- What's the kinkiest thing you’ve ever done? Do you want to beat it?
- Which of these toys should I use while I think of you? (with a photo of your toys)
Most of the time the images remain private, however accidents happen, and sometimes our private content can end up in the wrong hands and in places more public than we ever intended or feel comfortable with.
While sexting is considered as a fun way of communicating and connecting, we are all aware of the risks that come with sending nude images or videos online or on our mobiles. Sometimes, what may seem like harmless flirting or fun can have serious social (and even legal) consequences.
Before you send an explicit image or video, take time to think about the content and how comfortable you really are sharing it, even if it is with a friend or partner. So my advice to you today is to have fun but always be mindful and careful about who you interact with.